Downgrade my domain protection plan
You can downgrade your domain protection plan at any time. Downgrading to Basic Privacy Protection will remove the additional features of Full Protection, including the private email address, and your contact information in the GoDaddy WHOIS directory will no longer be substituted with proxy information. It will also remove the protection from malicious takeover attempts and failed renewals. When you downgrade from the Ultimate Protection plan, the Website Security Basic service associated with that domain name will also be removed.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you'll be downgrading. Or, select the check mark icon and Select All.
- Select Ownership then Downgrade Privacy Protection.
- Review the downgrade options available and choose your preferred plan.
- Select Confirm.
- Check the box next to Yes, I consent to remove Protection for the selected domain(s) then select Continue.
- Verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) enabled for at least 72 hours, we'll send the verification code via SMS or an authenticator app. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
- Enter your verification code and select Verify.
You'll see a Success confirmation once your changes have been accepted. It can take up to 90 minutes for these changes to take effect.
- For refund eligibility, see our refund policy .
- Downgrading your protection plan does not cancel your domain name.