Change a secondary domain's root folder in cPanel hosting
If you added a secondary domain name to your hosting account, you can change its root folder at any time.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel home page, click Domains and then select Addon Domains.
- Under Modify Addon Domain, next to the domain you want to change, click the pencil.
- Enter a new document root, starting at your home directory, and then click Change. The secondary domain name now displays the index file you uploaded to that folder.
- Now that you've changed your secondary domain's root folder, you can use cPanel's File Manager to move your files to the new document root.
- If you want to add a secondary domain, see Add secondary or alias domains to my cPanel hosting account.
- What file displays when someone browses to my domain name?