Publishing and Subscribing to Your Calendar
Publishing and subscribing to your Calendar lets you view it with numerous programs, including mobile devices, to help organize your schedule. There are just a couple quick steps to publish and subscribe to Calendar, as outlined below.
Publishing Your Calendar
Publishing your Calendar makes it available for you to view from other devices.
To Publish Your Calendar
- Log in to your Calendar account.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click Share Calendars.
- Next to the calendar you want to publish, in the Actions column, click (Enable Publish URL).
Your calendar's URL displays. You'll use that to subscribe to your calendar in whatever application you use.
Note: To remove a calendar's shared URL, click (Remove Published Calendar).
Subscribing to Your Calendar
Subscribing to your published Calendar allows you to view it on other devices. The following instructions describe how to subscribe to your published Calendar using a few popular calendar programs.
- From the Home screen, click Settings.
- Click Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Click Add Account....
- Click Other.
- Click Add Subscribed Calendar.
- In the Server field, enter your published Calendar URL.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- Launch Calendar.
- From the File menu, select New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter your Calendar shared URL in the Calendar URL field, and then click Subscribe.
- Complete the following fields, and then click OK:
Field What to do... Name Enter the name you want to use for this calendar in your Calendar application. Subscribed to Leave your Calendar shared URL in this field. Location Select where you want to save this calendar's data. If you use iCloud, we recommend selecting that. 1 Remove Select if you'd like to remove this calendar's Alerts and Attachments. You might want to do this if you have default alerts set up or don't want to permanently store your events' attachments on your hard drive. Auto-refresh Select the frequency with which you'd like to refresh this calendar. We suggest Every hour. Ignore Alerts Select this option if you want the alerts to come through the subscribed calendar but suppress them.
1 Sharing your Calendar with iCloud will save its information to your iCloud account, which will also synchronize its information to all of your devices using your iCloud account. If you want to remove this Calendar from any of these devices, you'll need to do so through icloud.com.
- From Other Calendars, click Add, and then Add by URL.
- In the URL field, enter your published Calendar URL.
- Click Add Calendar.
- From Tools, select Account Settings.
- Go to Internet Calendars, and then click New.
- Enter your published Calendar URL, and then click Add.
- From File, select Subscribe to Remote Calendar.
- Select On the Network, and then click Next.
- Select iCalendar (ICS), enter your published Calendar URL in the Location field, and then click Next.
- Name your calendar, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Once you've published your Calendar, if you're using an iPhones®, iPads®, and Apple Mac OSX iCal®, or an Android® device, you can synchronize it to your mobile device. For more information see, Synchronizing Calendar with Your Mobile Device.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.